Research for Public Relations & Communications Campaigns
We live and breathe stories. Our research helps PR, marketing, advertising, social and communication agencies, and in-house teams use quality data to bring a brand’s story to life across a variety of media channels… all by adding the human element to your content. We believe evidence and insight from people should be the basis for your stories and every survey question is created with this effect in mind.
How Arlington Research can help you
For organisations that want trusted, respected, vibrant and topical stories told in real human voices we can add depth and fuel to your campaign. We recognise one of the core elements of a story is the ability to identify a drama, and there is no better resource to highlight those issues than market research. At the same time, market research needs to tell a story. Not only does it need to stand up to scrutiny and be flawless in its design and execution, but if it doesn’t pass the “so what” test, it will not fulfil its purpose.
At Arlington Research we believe that evidence and insight should bring your story to life, and every question we ask is created to support your storytelling. As such, we have become specialists in creating market research projects to support PR campaigns that help you generate the media coverage you crave and deserve.
“They go where the findings lead. And they are able to interpret those findings in ways that serve larger business objectives. They don’t conduct research for research’s sake. They provide valuable aids to judgment in guiding business decisions. Their ability to identify the data that provides such guidance is truly impressive.”
Marketing Services Director – Media Frenzy Global
What is PR research?
PR Research can be a big investment for businesses, but highly rewarding if done well. During the planning and design process you must ask yourself if your campaign will stand up to scrutiny from the media, competitors, and industry at large? As a result, and with your public-facing reputation on the line, it is safer to place that investment in the hands of a research company who has worked on similar campaigns before.
What should I look for when hiring a PR research agency?
Investing in PR research can incur a major expense so you want to make sure you are placing that money in the right hands. Below are Arlington Research’s six top tips designed to help you prepare your campaign, and ensure that you maximise your PR campaign investments:
- Have clear SMART research objectives: specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time bound.
- Design a representative sample: always ensure that your chosen research agency designs a sample that is representative of the population and uses a high-quality panel for your project.
- No waste, no bias: ensure your chosen research agency designs a questionnaire that answers all your research objectives in an unbiased way.
- Assess market research standards: your research should comply with ESOMAR Market Research international standards.
- Request team seniority: ensure you choose someone senior enough with a research background to analyse the results.
- Clear analysis: your chosen research agency needs to make reporting insightful, easy to read and easy to understand.
Why is Arlington Research the answer to my PR research needs?
With a deep understanding of the public relations world, Arlington Research will support your PR project with the following:
- Your research will be conducted to the highest standards with a robust, quality sample you can trust.
- The intelligent and unbiased questionnaire design will deliver impactful results which holds up to scrutiny from the media and your competitors.
- An external review is included to check a similar story has not been carried out already by someone else.
- A research director will be your main contact for the duration of the project and to give you advice each step of the way.
- The research director will also check press releases and follow-up content to ensure statistics have been interpreted correctly, and that media submissions are credible.
- Input from a PR director is also provided to ensure the research isn’t just flawless, but also interesting to the media.
As such, we have a team ready and waiting to ensure your research makes maximum impact, and that your story is brought to life!
Let’s start a new project together
- Specialists in PR research for content and the media
- We have a UK panel of over 5 million respondents
- Access to over 100 countries internationally
- Global panel of over 200 million respondents
- Full-service market research agency
We always love to hear about a new challenge and would love to help you bring your story to life.