B2B market research
B2B research doesn’t need to be dull, but often can be if the wrong questions are asked. With our story-first approach, we help you get the most from your research investment by providing high quality B2B samples, questionnaire designs and insightful reporting.
How Arlington Research can help you
Identifying the right audience or sources of data in a B2B context can be hugely complex. Whether it is IT decision makers, business strategists from the C-suite, SMEs, larger corporates, different sector players, or a mix across sub sectors and disciplines; you have to be sure you’re getting the right voices feeding into your story. Arlington Research specialises in reaching out and interviewing such diverse B2B audiences on a global scale.
We conduct research worldwide using our ever-growing panel of more than 200 million people across 100+ countries worldwide. Our director-level team will help you identify the information needed to achieve the core objectives of your research, the right, tailored B2B audience to generate such information, and the most suitable methods to obtain it.
“It’s great working with Arlington Research – they have proven to deliver high-quality work to budget and on time, which gives great confidence for future projects. The team is always well structured, organized, flexible, and able to deliver key milestones in the project plan. In addition, the people are very experienced, guiding us to the right outcomes, and enjoyable to work with.”
Chief Marketing Officer – Ubisense
What is B2B market research?
B2B research falls into three categories:
Quantitative research: the process of gathering data from a large enough sample of your target market to represent the market as a whole. This type of research is carried out using surveys, and we offer a range of research methodologies and will work with you to choose the best for your requirements. You will get statistical answers to questions such as ‘who, how, why, when and what?’
Qualitative research: allows you to really understand why people think or behave the way they do and provide you with stories and anecdotes which will help shape campaigns or business strategies. Our Research Directors are experienced qualitative researchers, will always put the participants at ease and encourage them to speak openly and honestly on the calls.
Desk research: researching relevant statistics and data that already exists, to support the objectives and narrative of a specific project.
It can often be helpful to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research within a B2B research campaign, while also adding desk research to the process as well. For example, you can see how the many feel about a specific topic and then run qualitative and desk research to dive deeper and understand why people feel that way, and to contextualise these ideas with deeper theory and thought leadership.
What should I look for when hiring a B2B research agency?
It is important to work with a reputable B2B market research agency to conduct your campaign, and not just the least expensive. When dealing with businesses, researching them without the required skill, expertise, experience or knowledge of industry codes and standards is a big risk. Here are our top tips when choosing a B2B market research agency for your next project:
- Expertise: does the B2B market research agency have expertise in your chosen methodology? Are they full-service or do they only do online polls?
- Relationship: B2B research is a collaborative process and successful research depends on relationships and expertise. Ask them questions. What value can they add? Do they push and challenge you or just take what you give them? Are they constantly looking for ways to improve the project? Ensure that the team is senior enough to maximise insights from the results.
- Sample: what is the source of the B2B sample? In a B2B context, it is vital that you have a high-quality sample, that respondents are genuine and that they answer questions accurately.
- Knowledge: does the agency understand the sector you work in? Do they understand the world in which you exist, the terminology and technology? Can they demonstrate they have worked on similar projects?
- Recommendations: can anyone in your network who you trust recommend an agency? Are any people or brands you respect using a specific agency? Look on independent review sites such as Clutch to read what others have said and see who most closely fits your needs.
- Clients: ask any potential agency to demonstrate their experience and expertise. Do they have case studies that show how they have worked on similar projects to yours with similar target audiences?
Why is Arlington Research the answer to my B2B research needs?
Every member of our team has a minimum of 20 years’ industry experience and is director-level. This means you can benefit from our extensive expertise when designing your research from sample design to final reporting. The Arlington Research team adds value every step of the way:
- Producing questionnaires and discussion guides
- Conducting the fieldwork within your set time and budget parameters
- Analysing the results and presenting the deliverables in a visually engaging and thought-provoking way
Every example of B2B research we engage with is reliable, robust, delivered efficiently, and analysed to ensure it is both accurate and designed for maximum impact. More importantly, it ensures that business narratives are still every bit as engaging as in a consumer context, thanks to our story-first philosophy. Our scope of work is broad, and we have a B2B research portfolio made up of numerous leading brands and organisations from multiple sectors as a result.
In each case, we have helped bring their stories to life through business-led insight and a multi-sector reach. We would love to do the same for you!
Let’s start a new project together
- Specialists in PR research for content and the media
- We have a UK panel of over 5 million respondents
- Access to over 100 countries internationally
- Global panel of over 200 million respondents
- Full-service market research agency
We always love to hear about a new challenge and would love to help you bring your story to life.