Employee Surveys & Questionnaires
Your employees are the beating heart of your business. Through employee research we can help you explore your employees’ thoughts and opinions, frustrations and what makes them proud to work for your organisation. We can help you improve your understanding of how your employees are feeling so you can monitor progress, nip problems in the bud and ensure you have a highly motivated workforce.
How Arlington Research can help you
We conduct employee research worldwide across 44 countries. Our director level team are experts in designing full scale employee surveys or ad hoc quantitative or qualitative employee research projects to improve your understanding of a specific theme or issue. Whether it is refreshing your annual employee survey, informing your recruitment strategy or supporting your business transformation initiative, we can help you by designing a bespoke research project that meets your objectives.
Arlington Research will work with you from the initial project design to the end of your project, providing you with meaningful insights to help move your organisation forward.
About Arlington Research
Arlington Research is a full-service international market research company. We help businesses around the world use the power of insight to make their stories come to life, and to make the best possible decisions for their business. Based in Reading and London, employee research is one of our core service offerings.
All our research complies with the UK Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct, ESOMAR standards, and market research quality standards for all the countries where research is conducted.
“The analysis document given at the end was exactly what we needed. Going through raw data is hard, but the way they presented it with key themes written out, as well as charts, helped us look at each question from several angles to glean the best insights possible.”
Director of Marketing– PFS
About Employee Research
Employee research falls into two categories:
Quantitative research – the process of gathering data from a large enough sample of your employees to represent your workforce as a whole. This methodology is primarily carried out using surveys, predominantly online but can be in person, on paper or on the phone – depending on the location and level of tech of your workforce. You will get statistical answers to questions such as ‘who, how, why, when and what?’
Qualitative research – allows you to dive into questions in more depth and detail. It allows you to really understand employees’ issues or challenges and what is working well to feed into your business strategy. Methodologies include in-depth interviews (either face to face, by video call or telephone), running focus groups or speaking with online communities.
Employee Research Services
Our director level team will design your research from survey design to final reporting. We add value at every step of the way, producing questionnaires, conducting and managing the fieldwork to ensure it is conducted on time and on budget, analysing the results and debriefing the insights in an impactful, accessible format. Every employee research project is reliable, robust, delivered with a quick turnaround, and analysed to ensure the research creates maximum impact. Our scope of work is broad, and we run employee research for all company sizes from enterprises to start-ups across all sectors.
We would love to help bring your employees’ story to life!
What to look for when hiring an employee research agency
It is important to work with a reputable market research agency with expertise in employee research to conduct your research and not just the cheapest. Too often investment is put into platforms that allow the user to do it themselves without the skill or expertise or understanding of the standards and codes of conduct expected within the industry. Here are our five top tips for when choosing a research agency for your next employee research project.
- Get to know the team. Employee research is a collaborative process and successful research depends on relationships. Spend some time talking to the team who will work on your campaign and delivering it from start to finish to ensure they can add value, and you can work well together.
- Expertise and experience. Does the research agency have expertise in employee research? Can they give you case studies and talk with confidence about this area of research?
- Seniority of the core team. Which individuals will be working on your project and how senior are they? Too often, a director is present at the proposal stage of a project but then the research is delegated to a junior team after the project is commissioned – we recommend you insist on a senior team throughout the duration of your project.
- Market Research Standards. Does the research agency comply with ESOMAR international research guidelines and Market Research Society guidelines if they are based in the UK?
- Ask for recommendations. Has anyone in your network worked with the research agency before and would they recommend them? Does the research agency have any independent reviews on Clutch?
Let’s start a new project together
- Specialise in market research and in particular, PR surveys for the media
- We have a UK panel of over 130k respondents
- Access to over 44 countries internationally
- Global panel of over 10 million respondents
- Full-service market research agency
We always love to hear about a new challenge and would love to help you bring your story to life.