The most engaging and memorable stories revolve around people. Through consumer market research we can help you explore people’s thoughts and opinions, experiences, and fears, loves and hates; to better understand what is driving market trends and the real-time mindsets of consumers.
How Arlington Research can help you
Whether it is a nationally representative sample or a targeted demographic approach (for example: parents, football supporters, car owners, Millennials, etc.), by helping you identify the right approach, you stand more chance of tapping into the mindsets of the consumers you really want to hear from.
We conduct consumer research worldwide using our ever-growing panel of more than 200 million consumers across 100+ countries worldwide. Our director-level team will help you identify the information needed to achieve the core objectives of your research, the right consumers to generate such information, and the most suitable methods to obtain it.
“The study was useful in building out our purchase funnel understanding and finding key areas where we excel and areas to focus on as we grow. In short, the study helped us build our marketing strategy for the year. You delivered what I needed which was awareness data and key customer insights.”
VP Marketing - tonies
What is consumer market research?
Consumer research falls into two categories:
Quantitative research: the process of gathering data from a large enough sample of your target market to represent the market as a whole. This type of research is carried out using surveys, and we offer a range of research methodologies and will work with you to choose the best for your requirements. You will get statistical answers to questions such as ‘who, how, why, when and what?’
Qualitative research: paving the way to dive into questions in more depth and detail. It allows you to really understand why people think or behave the way they do and provides you with stories and anecdotes which will help shape campaigns or business strategies. Methodologies include in-depth interviews (face-to-face, via video calls or on the telephone), focus groups or online communities.
It can often be helpful to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research within a consumer research campaign. For example, you can see how the many feel about a specific topic and then run qualitative research to dive deeper and understand why they feel that way, to add more depth and colour to the story.
What should I look for when hiring a consumer research agency?
It is important to work with a reputable consumer market research agency to conduct your campaign, and not just the cheapest. Too often, investment is put into platforms that allow the user to do it themselves. Skill, expertise, experience and an understanding of industry codes and standards are all often missing with this approach. Here are our five top tips when choosing a consumer market research agency for your next project:
- Get to know the team: consumer research is a collaborative process and successful research depends on relationships and expertise. Spend some time talking to the team who will work on your project to ensure they can add value, and you can work well together.
- Expertise: does the consumer market research agency have expertise in your chosen methodology? Are they full-service or do they only do online polls?
- Experience: does the agency understand the sector you work in? Do they understand the world in which you exist, and can they demonstrate they have worked on similar projects?
- Ask for recommendations: has anyone in your network worked with an agency before and would they recommend them? Are any people or brands you respect using a specific agency? Do they have any independent reviews on Clutch?
- Case studies: ask the agency to demonstrate their experience and expertise. Do they have case studies that show how they worked on similar projects to yours?
Why is Arlington Research the answer to my consumer research needs?
Our director-level team will design your research from sample design to final reporting. We add value every step of the way:
- Producing questionnaires and discussion guides
- Conducting the fieldwork within your set time and budget parameters
- Analysing the results and presenting the deliverables in a visually engaging and thought-provoking way
Every example of consumer research we engage with is reliable, robust, delivered efficiently, and analysed to ensure it is both accurate and designed for maximum impact. Our scope of work is broad, and we have a consumer research portfolio made up of numerous leading brands and organisations from multiple sectors as a result.
In each case, we have helped bring their stories to life through consumer-led insight. We would love to do the same for you!
Let’s start a new project together
- Specialists in PR research for content and the media
- We have a UK panel of over 5 million respondents
- Access to over 100 countries internationally
- Global panel of over 200 million respondents
- Full-service market research agency
We always love to hear about a new challenge and would love to help you bring your story to life.