Consumer market research
The most engaging and memorable stories include people. Through consumer research, we can help you explore people’s thoughts and opinions, dreams and fears, loves and hates. By understanding these emotions and opinions you can get to know your target audience better, monitor progress, stay ahead of trends, scrutinise the competition or fuel PR and content strategies.
How Arlington Research can help you
We conduct consumer research worldwide using our panel of 10 million, and growing, consumers across 44 countries. Our director level team will help you diagnose the information you need to achieve your goals and the right audience and methods to obtain that information. Whether it is recommending a nationally representative sample or basing it upon a particular demographic, such as parents, football supporters, car owners or Millennials. By targeting the right audience with the right methodology you can ensure you truly understand the mindset of the consumers you want to talk to.
Arlington Research works with you from start to finish to design and manage your consumer research and ensure that you have the right strategy and methodology to generate meaningful insights to tell a compelling story.
About Arlington Research
Arlington Research is a full-service international market research company. We help consumer brands around the world use the power of insight to make their stories come to life, and to make the best possible decisions for their business. Based in Reading and London, consumer research is one of our core service offerings.
All our research complies with the UK Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct, ESOMAR standards, and market research quality standards for all the countries where research is conducted.
“We were delighted with the clarity of the data and have since created various marketing materials from the information – including infographics, articles, landing pages and press releases.”
Content Manager– Answer Connect
Customer research services
Our director level team will design your research from sample design to final reporting. We add value at every step of the way, producing questionnaires and discussion guides, conducting the fieldwork to ensure it is conducted on time and to budget, designing and analysing the results and presenting the deliverables in a visually engaging and insightful format designed to meet your needs. Each piece of consumer research is reliable, robust, delivered with a quick turnaround, and analysed to ensure the research creates maximum impact. Our scope of work is broad, and we run consumer research for leading brands and organisations from many different sectors.
We would love to help bring your story to life.
About Consumer market research
Consumer research falls into two categories:
1. Quantitative research – the process of gathering data from a large enough sample of your target market to represent the market as a whole. This type of research is carried out using surveys, and we offer online, telephone, postal and face to face methodologies. You will get statistical answers to questions such as ‘who, how, why, when and what?’
2. Qualitative research – allows you to dive into questions in more depth and detail. It allows you to really understand why people think or behave the way they do and provide you with stories and anecdotes which will help shape campaigns or business strategies. Methodologies include in-depth interviews (face to face, via video calls or on the telephone), running focus groups or speaking with online communities.
It can often be helpful to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research within a consumer research campaign. For example you can see how the many feel about a specific topic and then run qualitative research to dive deeper and understand why they feel that way and to get more depth and colour to the story.
What to look for when hiring a consumer research agency
It is important to work with a reputable consumer market research agency to conduct your campaign and not just the cheapest. Too often investment is put into platforms that allow the user to do it themselves without the skill, expertise or understanding of the standards and codes of conduct expected within the industry. Here are our five top tips for when choosing a consumer market research agency for your next project:
- Get to know the team. Consumer research is a collaborative process and successful research depends on relationships and expertise. Spend some time talking to the team who will work on your project to ensure they can add value, and you can work well together. Ensure that the team is senior enough to maximise the insights from the results.
- Expertise. Does the consumer market research agency have expertise in your chosen methodology? Are they full service or do they only do online polls?
- Experience. Does the agency understand the sector you work in? Do they understand the world in which you exist and can they demonstrate they have worked on similar projects.
- Ask for recommendations. Has anyone in your network worked with an agency before and would they recommend them? Are any people or brands you respect using a specific agency? Do they have any independent reviews on Clutch?
- Case studies. Ask the agency to demonstrate their experience and expertise. Do they have case studies that show how they worked on similar projects to yours?
Let’s start a new project together
- Specialise in market research and in particular, PR surveys for the media
- We have a UK panel of over 130k respondents
- Access to over 44 countries internationally
- Global panel of over 10 million respondents
- Full-service market research agency
We always love to hear about a new challenge and would love to help you bring your story to life.